Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quilt Fest Chicago - Part 2

More photos of the International Quilt Festival that came to Chicago last week.

 
 
 
 
 
 
In addition to vendor booths, the International Quilt Fest also had an exhibit of wonderful quilts. Some of  the  photos  did not come out as good as I hoped they would.  Here are a few of my favorites -
 
 
Milady by Sheri Hohman
 
 
Flower Quartet by Yasuko Sugaya, Japan
 
 
Hand pieced, hand embroidered, hand appliqued and hand quilted.
 
 
 
Crosses by Ikuko Yeno, Japan
 
 
Sorry that these also came out a little blurry but I wanted to include them anyway.
 
 
The Candy Shop by Miyuki Hamaba, Japan
 
 
These next few are photos of a  quilted yurt  created by Linzi Upton of Scotland. So cool!


 
 
 
 

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love all the quilts, what a wonderful show and I love the little kit you bought.

Debbie

Saskia Smit said...

Wow, The flower quartet is a real beauty.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the photos of the show on your blog, I'm here in the UK and never would have seen these quilts otherwise!
Kate

pandchintz said...

What amazing workmanship! Thanks for sharing.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW It is all fabulous! I think I would have gone broke at the reproduction fabric booth

Unknown said...

Jap quilts are just awesome, aren't they?

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails