Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Fall in a Garden

Here are the rest of the pictures I said I'd post after visiting the Chicago Botanic Garden fiber arts show last week.  This popular garden is one of my favorite places to walk. Walking around the neighborhood with the dog is fine once in awhile but I get so tired of it. It makes such a difference to drive somewhere and then walk in more pleasant surroundings. It takes a little longer but I find I'm more likely to do it more often. 


Which way should I go? I chose Evening Island.















Ornamental cabbage


Near the waterfall




Outside the English walled garden



The leaves will be gone before you know it and soon I'll have to bundle up a little more. But I'm ready. Have a great week. Take a nice walk outside before the weather gets too cold.




14 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

lovely place at any season but fall is sparkling!

Anonymous said...

So pretty....thanks, Kathy! Sandi in West Texas

Pat said...

Thanks for the memories. I remember going to a quilt show there when I lived in Chicagoland. I also remember a carriage ride through the Gardens at Christmas time. It was magical.

Unknown said...

Прекрасная осень.

Julierose said...

Oh what a wonderful garden walk--thanks for sharing...relaxing to see...hugs, Julierose

Jennifer M said...

Another beautiful walk. Wonderful places to escape the routine, daily surroundings we see and live in. A great way to reflect and recharge and inspire to...good for the soul. Thanks Kathy!

Candee said...

Beautiful! Another place that I'm adding to my list to visit. Thank you Kathy!

Anonymous said...

You have the best places to walk. Thanks for all the wonderful photos. How is the little red and white quilt along going?

Rosa said...

Great place!

Janie S said...

What beautiful photos and wonderful Garden towalk in and enjoy.

Yvonne said...

You are right ! It is so nice to discover a new trail for a nice walk! My husband and I love to do it when we are visiting your country. This park is beautiful!

Robin McGuire said...

Another beautiful walk, Kathy. Thanks for sharing!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Looks like a beautiful place for a nice peaceful walk (and after all the Thanksgiving food--I may have to take more than one walk)

paperwriting.xyz said...

Chicago Botanic Garden is very beautiful. I'd like to visit it very much cause as I understood there are a lot of interesting plants there.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails