Sunday, February 5, 2017

Scrappy Stars

I always meet the nicest quilters. I taught a couple of workshops for the Hands All Around Quilt Guild in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois, this past weekend. The first project was the Scrappy Stars quilt from my book Remembering Adelia. Everyone seemed to have a great time.



This is a great quilt made with blocks that resemble a LeMoyne Star. No set-in seams. Thought you would like to see some of the students' work.  I love seeing what others make from my ideas. They're all different. Isn't that one of the best things about quilting?  Being inspired by something someone else has made but creating something that's uniquely your own . . . .
























Thanks for a great time, Bloomington/Normal quilters! 

I'll show you some gorgeous scrappy basket blocks and quilts from the second workshop in a day or two.



13 comments:

Carolknits said...

They are all so pretty. I sure wish I could have been there. What a lovely setting!
Carol

Bobbie said...

My favorite is the Halloween one!! Oh no, might just have to add another quilt to this years list. Thanks for the show-n-tell.

sue bennett said...

Looks like everything one had a great time. All beautiful blocks.

Anonymous said...

So many, love to see them all. Looks like fun was had by all:)

Jennifer M

quiltgrannie said...

I have made this quilt and it is one of my favorites!! I loved seeing everyone's blocks, looks like it was a lot of fun!

annie said...

I love all the stars!

Sue McQ said...

So many lovely blocks and talented people

Martine said...

Vos etoiles sont toutes très jolies !!!!

Rosa said...

So beautiful blocks.Love them all!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Such pretty blocks, all of them. I love your blue backgrounds and the classic fan quilting!

NancyRose said...

I love every stars !!!
Well done

Granny's Button Box said...

What lovely blocks, its amazing how different they look with different colours. Will give this pattern a go. Thank you for sharing. Sharon x

Kleine Vingers said...

Those blocks are beautifull. Greetings

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails